our vision is that of Christ and His New Testament Church! it is our Prayer to be directed by the Spirit, and His word. we truly desire to follow the pattern left by the apostles taking as a basic format for the church the words of Acts 2:42-47.
"42 ¶ And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved."
This is our visions as a body of believers
- Biblical Doctrine: what we believe matters more than anything else us. It is our desire to study the word of God together, and to interpret these holy words using the correct hermetical approach. We believe it is the pastors responsibility to bring forth sermons which are true, and in a expository fashion. We want to honestly know, practice, and promote the truth even if it is unpopular or goes against our personal feelings. in our belief Christ and His finished work is central.
- Fellowship: seeking unity with each other through the work of Christ on the cross is something we cherish and strive for every day. we emphasize that the body of Christ is a family and because of this fact there should be a level of intimacy between them, that doesn't exist in the world.
- Ordinances: we desire as a body to fulfill the example and commands of Christ given to the early church. these ordinances of both Baptism and the Lords communion supper, show in a very visible way the death and Resurrection of Christ.
- Prayer: we see prayer to be both key and central to the early church, and as such it is our desire to focus on such a blessed privilege.
- Holy fear: the early church took God seriously! we strive to worship the Creator of the universe and our Redeemer, with a humble, yet joyful spirit.
- unity: being together in faith is something we find in scripture to be of the up most importance, therefore we desire to keep it in the bond of peace.
- Benevolent giving: liberal, sacrificial, charitable giving was an essential part of the first century church. it is our vision to imitate these actions in our communities for the glory of God alone.
- evangelism: Making disciples of all manner of men is one of our chief aims. having received the commission by Christ, the disciples made it their passion to share the doctrines of grace with each and every one they came in contact with. this form of contact evangelism was the driving force of the churches growth in the first century and for this reason it is our desire to implement it here. we desire to see every child of God in our communities converted to the gospel of sovereign graces as presented in scripture.
- worship: we read that the early Church regularly met to praise God for his goodness, and therefore we meet for the same end. we strive to follow the biblical pattern of fully integrate services, consisting of simple, singing, praying, and preaching!
- Acceptance: it is our goal to be accepting of people from all walks and conditions of life. calling every type of sinner to repentance and faith in Christ regardless of ethnicity or social status. we strive to accept people regardless of their past life styles and sins, when they humble themselves before their Savior with an attitude of repentance.
We believe and hold that the Bible alone in the inspired and inerrant word of God (2Timothy 3:16)
we believe that man due to Adams sin is incapable of rescuing himself out of his sinful condition, and therefore stands in need of a merciful sovereign savior. (Ephesians 2:1, John 6:44, Romans 5:12)
we accept the fact that the bible teaches that God chose a vast number people in Christ out of every nation kindred and tongue before the world began. we also firmly believe that those placed in Christ, God did also predestinate to be conformed to the image of His son as the bible teaches. (Ephesians 1:4-9, Romans 8:28-39)
we believe that all those in Christ were fully recovered and redeemed by the substitutionary death of Christ on the cross and therefore have been removed out from under the wrath of God which they rightly deserved. (Romans 5:9, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Revelations 5:9)
we believe that those in Christ will be born again by the sovereign grace of almighty God sometime between their conception and death.( John 3, Ephesians 2:1-8, Titus 3: 4-7)
we believe that those who have been redeemed, and born again will be preserved blameless through Christ and have no fear of ever falling from grace. (Jude 1:1)
we believe that the victorious savior will return to earth in glorious fashion to deliver up His kingdom and so shall we ever be with the Lord. we believe that all those brought to heaven will be their solely by grace. we also believe that all those outside of the covenant of grace will suffer the much deserved wrath for which they have fitted themselves. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Corinthians 15)
Meet the leadership
John Burkett is happily married to wife Leslie and together they have two sons Gideon and Levi! He has been engaged in ministry for over 10 years and has been ordained since 2011.